Hurricane Dorian as of Friday, August 30th at 11:00am
MPT continues to closely monitor Hurricane Dorian. Hurricane preparations have already begun to secure our Fort Lauderdale campus, water side and fire fighting facilities.
We currently are expecting some impact from the storm on Monday, Labor Day, September 2nd. The campus will be closed Saturday, August 31 - Monday, September 2nd. We are hopeful that we will be able to reopen and resume classes as early as Tuesday. However as the storm's final path and arrival times are still unknown factors, please monitor both Facebook and our Website for news updates. If a Hurricane or Tropical Storm Warning or Watch are in effect - we will NOT be open. The safety of our staff and students is our primary concern.
Any reschedule fees will be waived for students in impacted areas.
To all of our maritime friends in the Bahamas and throughout Florida, we extend positive thoughts and prayers for your safety and security.
- The new US Covid-19 test requirement for travelers: What you need to know
- Veterans Day Message
- COVID -19 and US Mariner Credentials
- Training and Satisfying Regulations in a Covid-19 World
- USCG sets condition X-ray for Port of Miami
- MSIB Novel Coronovirus Mariner Credentials (Change 2)
- Happy National Maritime Day