MPT is the most complete full service private maritime school in the country and has been training mariners since 1983. Our Fort Lauderdale based campuses host over 45,000 square feet of classrooms, deck and engineering training labs, the Ship's Store, and student service facilities.
ADVANCED BARTENDING & MIXOLOGY - MODULE 2
MPT is proud to present the next advanced level of the PYA G.U.E.S.T. program-approved course led by celebrity mixologist, Jonathan Pogash (aka The Cocktail Guru). Join Jonathan and his team as they continue to inspire and engage you with more skills and tips for successful on-board beverage programs.
This module is a 2-day course that takes place at MPT, with an excursion to a real live functioning bar space on the second day (transportation provided).
By the end of this course, you will understand how to:
- Select and use equipment correctly while applying correct cocktail making techniques
- Create sixteen cocktails and variations following recipes
- Discuss factual knowledge of cocktail specifications, the concept of Mixology, and be creative with ingredients
- Understand how to write a cocktail menu and conduct a training
- Understand the need for speed, efficiency, and the concept of a balanced drink
Prerequisite: Advanced Bartending & Mixology Module 1 ("formerly known as Intermediate Spirits & Cocktails”) - some exceptions