Bowditch, Plotting Tools, Scientific Calculator, Tide and Current Books 1983 (optional)
602 Advanced Navigation (formerly VPEN)
Any applicant who has successfully completed your Advanced Navigation course (MARTPT-0019) will satisfy the advanced navigation standard of competence for the following:
- 46 CFR 11.305(a)(2) and 11.307(a)(2) for Master and Chief Mate of vessels of 3,000 GT or more; AND
- 46 CFR 11.311(a)(2) and 11.313(a)(2) for Master and Chief Mate of vessels of 500 GT or more and less than 3,000 GT; AND
- 46 CFR 11.315(a)(2) and 11.317(a)(2) for Master of vessels of less than 500 GT; AND
- Sections A-II/2 and A-II/3 of the STCW Code as amended 2010; AND
- The following navigation assessment tasks from NVICs 10-14(Ch-2), 11-14(Ch-1), and 03-18; 1.1.A, 1.2.A, 1.2.8, 1.2.C, 2.2.A, 3.1.A, 3.2.A, 3.3.A, 5.2.A, 7.4.A, 7.4.B, and 7.4.C.
Applicants who have successfully completed your course need not present completed "Task Control Sheets" for these assessments in application for STCW certification.
Advanced Navigation (formerly VPEN)
Amazing class. Dave Fahey really did more for me than I could have imagined. I have always struggled with math since middle school. For the first time in my life I not only understood the how and why of it but actually enjoyed it. This coupled with the increased knowledge I gained made the course well worth it for me.
|Class Number||Start Date||Finish Date|
|015233||16 Mar 2020||20 Mar 2020|
|015234||11 May 2020||15 May 2020|
|016068||24 Aug 2020||28 Aug 2020|
|016069||19 Oct 2020||23 Oct 2020|
|016349||30 Nov 2020||04 Dec 2020|