Passport, NI Logbook with DP Advanced Simulator Course signed off, Paper, Pencil/Pen.
772 Dynamic Positioning (Nautical Institute) Sea Time Reduction Course
Nautical Institute Approved Sea Time Reduction (DP STR) Dynamic Positioning Course
Successful completion of the 5 day Sea Time Reduction course will reward the student with a reduction of 30 days from their phase D sea time requirement and may be taken directly after the DP Advanced Simulator #771 Course.
* Please note that you will be required by the N.I. to show completion of a minimum of 30 days of DP sea service AFTER the DP Sea Time reduction course.
The DP Sea Time Reduction course is an opportunity for the DP trainee to spend extended and intense periods of time on DP station keeping. This 5 day course will prepare future DPO’s to confidently handle operations across a number of industries and vessel types, such as:
- Offshore Supply
- Floating Accommodation
- Saturation Dive Support
- Shuttle Tanker
- Passenger Cruise
- Drilling Rig
- Offshore Wind Turbine Maintenance
This course will challenge the trainee to enhance, consolidate and demonstrate:
- Their knowledge of the DP system and additional equipment and instruments,
- Their situational awareness,
- Communication and teamwork skills,
- Ability to analyze trends and pre-empt problems before they arise,
- Ability to evaluate and respond to alarms, faults and emergencies with calm, reason and confidence.
The MPT STR course places the student into a supervisory role as Senior DPO to undertake all aspects of operational planning, including worksite approach and emergency response. All exercises are carried out in a state of the art class A, Nautical Institute approved full-mission bridge simulator. These student-led scenarios are based off real-life DP incidents and include informational discussion and debrief where the trainee can compare their own decisions and actions in those same situations.
see NI guidelines
|Class Number||Start Date||Finish Date|
|017390||15 Feb 2021||19 Feb 2021|
|017391||22 Mar 2021||26 Mar 2021|
|017392||24 May 2021||28 May 2021|
|017393||16 Aug 2021||20 Aug 2021|
|017553||08 Nov 2021||12 Nov 2021|