834 Advanced Wine Appreciation Module 1 - $ 399.00
This is a one day PYA Approved Course. Please note that the PYA Certificate Registration is an additional 25 euros.
On completion of the training, course participants will have sufficient knowledge and understanding to enable them to:
* Have a fundamental understanding of the world of wine
* Be able to quickly and effectively communicate to guests about wine at a basic level
* Be able to assist guests with fundamental wine choices
* Have a basic understanding of food & wine matching principles
* Understand the importance and effects of climactic conditions on the final product
* Be able to provide proper wine services
About your instructor: Jeffrey Pogash has been in the wine and spirits business for over 40 years. He has trained with wine industry icons Steven Spurrier and Jon Winroth at L’Acadamie du Vin in Paris. Jeffrey spent 17 years as the sole U.S. representative for all the growers, shippers, and cooperatives for Wines of Alsace. For 18 years, Jeffrey was Director of Communications at Moet Hennessy USA. He also teaches at the Institute of Culinary Education and has held master classes at Johnson & Wales University. Jeffrey’s books, “How to Read A Wine Label: A Dictionary of French and California Wines” and “Bloody Mary” have received critical acclaims throughout the years. Jeffrey retired from the corporate world and joined The Cocktail Guru team in 2011.
About The Cocktail Guru, Inc. (www.TheCocktailGuru.com) Founded in 2005 by Spirits and Cocktail Educator Jonathan Pogash, The Cocktail Guru is a world-renown company based in the U.S. Education is key to the existence of the Hospitality Industry, and The Cocktail Guru strives to promote the craft of the cocktail, along with focused wine & spirits education.
Participants must be over 21 years old to sample.