DP Induction / Basic
This course involves both theory and practice on a simulated DP system and covers the following topics:
1. Principles of DP
2. Elements of the DP System
3. Practical Operation of the DP System
4. Position Reference Systems
5. Environment Sensors and Ancillary Equipment
6. Power Generation and Supply and Propulsion
7. DP Operations
On successful completion of the Induction/Basic course the prospective Dynamic Positioning Operator will be issued with a Nautical Institute’s Dynamic Positioning Operator’s logbook by MPT in which the courses, sea time and suitability as a DPO are recorded by the company.
The Nautical Institute has strict entry level requirements for the DP program. Please speak to a MPT counselor for additional information regarding minimum licensing requirments.