Passport, Paper, Pen
803 PYA Yacht Interior Introduction
803 Level 1 Yacht Interior Introduction Course
This PYA G.U.E.S.T. approved 3 day Interior Introductory course meets the Professional Yachting Association criteria for Level One Interior training.
Three days of comprehensive training that provides the foundation, the knowledge, and the practical skills to begin or further your career as a Superyacht Steward (ess).
This course is designed to meet and exceed the Interior Introduction Course Structure and Content requirements for the PYA GUEST (Guidelines for Unified Excellence Service Training) program and to uphold the PYA's mission, which is "To represent the interests of Professional Yacht Crew and to encourage and maintain the highest professional standards".
We also recommend that you register for the One Day PYA G.U.E.S.T. Basic Food Service Course #831 and the One Day PYA G.U.E.S.T Wine and Cocktail Introduction Course #832 for a total of five days. The objectives include:
- Guidelines on how to enter the industry, demographics, career paths and opportunities
- Departments and hierarchy on board
- Communication, attention to detail and personal presentation
- Nautical terminology
- Etiquette guidelines for life aboard a yacht, cultural differences, crew/guest interaction
- Service Standards and Expectations
- Yacht Interior Housekeeping
- Products and Surfaces
- Cabins and public areas
- Yacht interior fabrics and textiles
- Hygiene standards, health and safety
- Laundry – including reading labels, stain removal, using machines, ironing
|Class Number||Start Date||Finish Date|