120 Apprentice Mate Steersman / Master of Towing Crossover Upgrade APX - $ 399.00
Apprentice Mate Steersman - Course #120
This is a 2 day USCG approved course.
Any applicant who has successfully completed Apprentice Mate (Steersman) Upgrade (MARTPT-33) course, and presents your Certificate of Training within one year of the completion of training, will satisfy:
- The examination requirements of 46 CFR 11.466(a) for original issuance or 46 CFR 10.227(e)(l)(iii) for renewal of an endorsement as Apprentice Mate (Steersman) of Towing Vessels; PROVIDED, applicant is endorsed as Master ofless than 200 GRT; OR, has satisfied the examination requirements for Master of less than 200 GRT within the previous 12 months; OR
- The examination requirements of 46 CFR 11.465(f)(3) for an endorsement as Mate (Pilot) of Towing Vessels.
This course does not satisfy the Navigation Problems examination requirement for a license valid upon Western Rivers.
Each student can receive a personal copy of the TOAR (Towing Officers Assessment Record) to have completed on their vessel towards their upgrade to Master or Mate (Pilot). No further examination will be required.
This course will cover the subjects specific to the Towing Vessel Industry including the following:
• Uninspected Towing Vessel Regulations
• Towing Terminology, Gear and Fittings
• Towing Vessel Operations
• Capabilities and Limitations of Towing
• Barge Regulations
This course will not satisfy the requirements for western rivers endorsements.
Upcoming Scheduled Classes
||15 Mar 2021
||16 Mar 2021
||23 Aug 2021
||24 Aug 2021
||22 Nov 2021
||23 Nov 2021
|1915 South Andrews Avenue,
|Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316