Maritime Professional Training is closely monitoring the developing global situation with the Coronavirus and remains in close contact with local and federal health officials. While no cases of the virus have been reported locally, we have implemented enhanced sanitizing protocols for all public areas of the campus. Our staff are using disinfectants and specific virucidal agents on hard surfaces and we are encouraging everyone to practice proper hygiene habits to help prevent the spread of illnesses.
The CDC recommends the following actions:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash immediately.
- If you have fever, cough, and difficulty breathing, please seek medical attention.
For more information about coronavirus, please visit the webpages below:
MPT will continue to monitor the situation and adjust our protocols in accordance with local health department recommendations. Everyone should be aware of the proper action to take and take personal responsibility to do their part in mitigating the potential spread of not only this virus, but all contagions in general. Implement proper cleaning procedures on your vessel and in your home and pay attention to local authorities as work continues around the globe to contain this virus.